Social Security Disability Lawyers in Montgomery, Alabama
If you live in Montgomery, Alabama, and are struggling with a disability that prevents you from working, you may be eligible for Social Security disability benefits.
Filing a disability benefits claim can be a challenging process, but an experienced disability lawyer in Montgomery, Alabama, can help you navigate the process and increase your chances of receiving the benefits you need.
How a Social Security disability lawyer in Montgomery, Alabama, can help you
Here are some ways a Montgomery, Alabama, lawyer can assist you with a disability benefits claim.
- Evaluate your eligibility for benefits: Even if you have a disability, you may not qualify for disability benefits. A skilled disability lawyer can review whether you meet the eligibility criteria and whether you’ve worked long enough and recently enough to qualify for benefits.
- Organize medical evidence: To prevail, you’ll need sufficient medical evidence to support your disability. A lawyer can help you gather medical records, evaluations, and other evidence necessary to document your condition and disability.
- Help you with the benefits application: Social Security doesn’t make applying for benefits easy. The application is long and confusing, with lots of questions and fine print that can be difficult to understand. A disability lawyer can walk you through the application so you don’t omit anything important and reduce the chance that your disability claim will be denied.
- Appeal claim denial: Many claims are denied at first. But that doesn’t mean your case is over. If you receive a denial, a Montgomery, Alabama disability lawyer can file a request for reconsideration, attend a hearing on your claim, and present evidence and arguments to support your argument.
- Deal with Social Security: A lawyer can communicate with Social Security on your behalf, answering questions and providing information.
- Improve your recovery: A lawyer can work to optimize your recovery, depending on your disability and circumstances. An experienced disability lawyer can help you identify what benefits you’re entitled to, including any backpay.
- Provide guidance: Filing a disability claim can be stressful and overwhelming. A lawyer can offer support throughout the claim process, answering your questions and addressing your concerns.
How to find the right Montgomery disability lawyer for your situation
You don’t want to leave your disability benefits to chance. Here are some tips to help you find a disability lawyer in Montgomery, Alabama:
- Check their experience: Disability claims are often complicated. Your lawyer needs an extensive track record in handling disability claims.
- Review their legal credentials: Make sure your lawyer is licensed to practice law in Alabama and is in good standing with the Alabama State Bar.
- Ask around for recommendations: Ask the lawyer to speak to other satisfied clients. Check out the lawyer’s online ratings to check for client satisfaction.
- Set up a consultation: Don’t hire a lawyer without meeting them first. You’ll get a chance to ask questions and discuss your case. And you’ll also be able to assess the lawyer’s knowledge, experience, and communication skills so you can tell whether you’ll be comfortable working with them.
Contact an experienced Social Security disability lawyer in Montgomery, Alabama, today
A Montgomery, Alabama, disability lawyer can help you navigate the complex process of filing a disability claim. Reach out to the experienced disability lawyers of Hunter & Everage in Montgomery, Alabama, today.