The journey to recovering from a personal injury is long. But you can take the first step by hiring an experienced personal injury lawyer who can guide you through the process of filing a lawsuit and getting you the compensation you deserve.
What is a personal injury case?
A personal injury case is one where the victim suffers harm. The harm can be the result of an intentional, reckless, or negligent act by someone else. The goal of a personal injury lawsuit is to hold those at fault accountable for the harm that they cause. And a personal injury lawyer can help you collect the money that you are owed for your injuries—physical, mental, and emotional.
Common personal injury claims that we have filed on behalf of plaintiffs include these:
- Car accidents, whether resulting from another driver’s negligence or construction issues
- Hit-and-run cases where someone hits your car and speeds off
- Truck and other commercial vehicle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Dog bites and attacks by dogs and other animals
- Nursing home negligence cases, where workers fail to take care of your loved one
- Defective products that malfunction and hurt you, such as seat belts, chemicals, or asbestos-based products
- Slips and falls, such as when a puddle of water is left in a grocery store aisle or ice isn’t cleaned up in a parking lot and you trip and fall, suffering serious injuries
How can a Richmond personal injury lawyer help you?
Once you contact our personal injury team in Richmond, Virginia, for a free consultation, we’ll get to work gathering evidence and working with witnesses to support your claim. We can also help you:
- Communicate with your insurance company
- Discuss issues with the person that hurt you
- Calculate how much compensation you’re entitled to
- Negotiate settlements on your behalf
- Ensure you file all court-related and insurance documents on time
- Represent you in court
Our goal is to help you speed up your recovery and receive all the compensation that you deserve for your injury. We can work with you to recover the money you need to pay for medical bills, lost wages from missed work, pain and suffering, property damages, and more.
How long does it take to resolve a personal injury case?
The answer to this question depends on whether you pursue your case in court or settle out of court. If you’re suing a company, it may take longer to reach a resolution because they may have a larger budget for defending a lawsuit. It may take only a matter of a few months to settle a case if you’re suing an individual.
Our experienced personal injury lawyers can forecast how long it will take to get you to a resolution.
When should you hire a Richmond personal injury lawyer?
The best time to contact a lawyer is after you’ve reported an accident to the police and ensured that you and your loved ones are safe. You don’t have to wait for your insurance company to give you the all-clear before you contact a personal injury lawyer.
The key to filing a personal injury claim in Richmond, Virginia, is that you have to act quickly. You only have two years under Virginia law to file a personal injury lawsuit. This time frame can be considerably shorter if you’re trying to sue a government entity, like the City of Richmond.
You also don’t need to give us any money before you retain our law firm. Our personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. That means we take a percentage of the money we collect on your behalf as payment for our services.
To learn more about how our personal injury team can help you, get in touch today. Call, email, or text the experienced lawyers in the Richmond office of Hunter & Everage now.