Have you suffered an injury at work in Charlotte, North Carolina? If so, you may be considering whether to file a claim for workers’ compensation benefits. The right approach for you will depend on several factors. For example, if you file a workers’ compensation claim, you may be entitled to money for lost wages, medical expenses, and other injury-related costs. It can be a smart decision if you’re concerned about the time it takes to reach a resolution or the chance that you’ll lose a lawsuit.
But getting workers’ comp benefits isn’t as easy as just filing some paperwork. It takes a lot of evidence and legal know-how to support a claim that will entitle you to benefits for your injury. That means you probably need the help of an experienced workers’ compensation lawyer to guide you through the claims process.
How can a workers’ compensation lawyer in North Carolina help me file a claim?
If you’re not familiar with the workers’ compensation system, it can be difficult to file a successful claim. A Charlotte workers’ compensation lawyer can:
- Negotiate on your behalf: An experienced workers’ compensation can work with your employer and its workers’ compensation carrier, guiding you through the process and helping you avoid mistakes that could hurt your claim.
- Review your rights: A workers’ compensation lawyer can help you understand your legal rights under North Carolina law, from the process for filing a claim all the way to your recovery of the benefits you’re entitled to. They can also explain how to meet deadlines and requirements so you can avoid a claim denial.
- Maximize your recovery: A workers’ compensation lawyer who knows the ins and outs of North Carolina workers’ compensation law can help you figure out the best strategy to recover workers’ compensation benefits.
- Ensure you meet all the paperwork requirements: Workers’ compensation claims are notorious for requiring tons of paperwork. You’ll have to fill out forms and collect evidence to support your claim. A lawyer who understands North Carolina’s workers’ compensation laws can make sure you get the right paperwork to the right place at the right time.
- Gather the evidence: To support your claim paperwork, you’ll need a lot of evidence explaining your injury. Your lawyer can work with you and your doctor to get the evidence you need and make sure you fill out all of the claims paperwork correctly.
How to find the right workers’ compensation lawyer in Charlotte, North Carolina
If you need to hire a workers’ compensation lawyer in Charlotte, North Carolina, you’ve got a lot of options to choose from, and you may find the choices overwhelming. Here are some things to look for as you evaluate potential attorneys.
- Find a lawyer with experience: Workers’ comp laws are complex, and the procedures are even more complicated. An experienced lawyer with a record of success in workers’ compensation claims is the right call — not a lawyer who dabbles in injury cases.
- Check your lawyer’s license: Make sure your lawyer is licensed to practice law in North Carolina plus is in good standing with the North Carolina State Bar. You can check the North Carolina State Bar’s website to verify your lawyer’s credentials.
- Look for testimonials: The best way to find a lawyer is often word of mouth. Ask your friends, family members, and co-workers whether they know of a good workers’ compensation lawyer in North Carolina. You can also check online testimonials and ratings sites and see whether clients are satisfied with a lawyer.
- Check your gut: Set up an in-person meeting so you can discuss your case with your lawyer. How do they respond when you ask them questions? Are they excited to discuss your case, or is it hard to schedule a time to talk?
If you’ve had a workplace injury in the Charlotte, North Carolina, area, you’ll likely need the support and guidance of an experienced workers’ compensation lawyer. Call the experienced team at Hunter & Everage for help with your claim.