Attorney S. Camille Payton
S. Camille Payton has handled hundreds of cases, both personal injury and workers’ compensation.
Payton has built a reputation on providing personal service to each of her clients, always available to answer their questions and to try to solve their problems.
A native of Kinston, Payton grew up in the eastern part of the state, where her first job was sweeping the floor of a tobacco barn. She was forced to quit after one day, however, when the dust aggravated her asthma. So, it was somewhat ironic when she ended up in a position in which her primary practice was helping those people exposed to dangerous substances at work – such as asbestos.
- Workers' Compensation
- Personal Injury
- North Carolina, 1993
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- J.D. - 1993
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- A.B. - 1984
- Legal Aid of North Carolina, Board of Directors Chair (2017-2019)
- YWCA Greensboro, Board of Directors, Chair (2018 to 2019)
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice - Workers’ Compensation Executive Committee, 2018 to Present
- North Carolina Bar Association - Co-chair, Awards and Honors Naming Committee, 2019 to present
- Guilford County Association of Black Lawyers, Past President
- North Carolina Association of Black Lawyers, Secretary, 2008 -2018
- Workers’ Injury Law & Advocacy Group (WILG)
- College of Workers’ Compensation Attorneys, 2018
- NCBA North Carolina Forms Manual – Co-editor