The road to recovery from a personal injury can be long—and legal battles can make it even more painful. But hiring an experienced Montgomery personal injury can help ease your pain. If you’re worried about facing the person who injured you or the insurance company, read on to learn how a personal injury lawyer can help you manage your claim and get the compensation you deserve.
What types of personal injury cases do our Montgomery, Alabama, lawyers handle?
First, let’s define what a personal injury case is. A personal injury is a legal dispute that arises because someone else—a person or a company, for example—hurts you and you suffer harm. That harm can be the result of an action that is intentional, reckless, or negligent.
A lawyer can help you file a personal injury case to hold the other person accountable for your harm. You can then get compensation to help with your physical, mental, and emotional injuries. That compensation can take various forms, including payments for medical bills, lost income from wages and tips, pain and suffering, and property damage, to name a few.
Our Montgomery, Alabama, law practice handles a variety of personal injury claims, including these:
- Car accidents, whether resulting from another driver’s negligence or dangerous construction
- Hit-and-run cases where someone hits your car and speeds off
- Accidents with trucks and other commercial vehicles
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Dog bites and attacks by dogs and other animals
- Nursing home negligence cases where workers fail to take care of your loved one
- Defective products that malfunction and hurt you, such as seat belts, chemicals, or asbestos-based products
- Slips and falls, such as when a puddle of water is left in a grocery store aisle or ice isn’t cleaned up in a parking lot and you trip and fall, suffering serious injuries
How can a Montgomery personal injury lawyer help you?
The best way to find out how a lawyer can help you is to set up a consultation. Our personal injury lawyers in Montgomery, Alabama, will meet with you for free. Once you hire us, we’ll get to work gathering the evidence you need to support your case. We’ll also identify any witnesses who can support your claim.
Our personal injury legal team in Montgomery can also take care of every aspect of your case, including these tasks:
- Communicating with your insurance company
- Discussing issues with the person that hurt you
- Calculating how much compensation you’re entitled to
- Negotiating settlements on your behalf
- Ensuring you file all court-related and insurance documents on time
- Representing you at hearings and at trial
How long does it take to resolve a personal injury case?
Our experienced personal injury lawyers can forecast how long it will take to get you to a resolution. But keep in mind that the answer to this question will depend on whether you pursue your case in court or settle out of court.
If you’re suing a company, it may take longer to reach a resolution because businesses typically have a larger budget for handling claims. It may take only a matter of a few months to settle a case if you’re suing an individual.
When should you hire a Montgomery personal injury lawyer?
You don’t have to wait to heal before you contact a lawyer. In fact, the best time to contact a lawyer is after you’ve reported an accident to the police and ensured that you and your loved ones are safe, while your memory is still fresh.
It’s also important not to wait too long because you have a limited time to file a lawsuit. You must act quickly under Alabama law to preserve your claim. For most claims, you’ll have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. But keep in mind that it can take a long time to gather the evidence you need. And, of course, if you’re suing a government agency, the timeframe can be much shorter.
You also don’t need to give us any money upfront before you retain our law firm. Our personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. That means we take a percentage of the money we collect on your behalf as payment for our services.
To learn more about how our personal injury team in Montgomery, Alabama, can help you, get in touch today. Call, email, or text the experienced lawyers in the Montgomery office of Hunter & Everage now.